Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pancakes

I'd like to know how many other people have pancakes as their go-to snack food.

Like hi, it's a takes a significant effort to make pancakes. I have to get out the box, measure out a cup of the mix, beat in an egg, add the milk and stir. Then I have to cook it. Okay, so its not a significant effort, but its not opening a bag of chips and plopping down on the couch.

The strangest part to me is that I have so much time to talk myself out of it - from the moment I grab the box to the moment I dip the pancake into syrup (with my hand of course, I don't use a fork).

And then when it's all over, I want to throw up. Because I've usually had several snacks before this. The second "pancakes" pops into my head, I try to convince myself it's not a good idea by eating "better" snacks. But eventually, I lose and the pancakes win.

So, I ask you, am I alone in this?

1 comment:

  1. Beat the eggs? Haven't you ever tried instant pancakes? Just add water and shake...amazing. even better with chocolate chips.
    I don't allow pancake mix with in 100 yards of my house. For obvious reasons.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete