Monday, February 27, 2012

Honeymooners Not Welcome

Our honeymoon is booked! We're going to St. Lucia and staying at a Sandals resort. I can get over the cheesy Sandals logos if it means no kids and families running around. What it also means, however, is that this Sandals is honeymoon central. I can't help but be worried that my biggest vacation fear (besides being eaten by a shark) might become a reality...

Making vacation friends.

UGH the thought of having to make friends on vacation makes me cringe. I barely have friends at home, so I definitely don't want them on our honeymoon! That said, we're going for 10 days. Maybe my husband will want to be hanging out with other people? Maybe he'll think its boring to go to a bar or club and only be with ourselves? Not me. Thats how I'd live the rest of my life if I could: on our bed, watching TV, alone. With some yellow peeps. Plus, chances are the other couple will consist of a girl who looks better in a bikini, and I will NOT voluntarily stand close enough to her for a pro-longed comparison.



Its just like going to a Japanese restaurant. Love the food, hate the company. Do you know what's worse than having to make friends in a Japanese restaurant or on a vacation? Making friends in a Japanese restaurant on your vacation! Which is what we'll be doing at "Kimonos." My fiance is not great at saying "no" to people, and I'm not great at making a bitchy-face (except when I'm at weddings where I don't know anybody and I feel uncomfortable, apparently).

But I am DETERMINED not to make friends, and will make whatever face I have to for the entire 10 days to make sure that does not happen. And if the stink eye doesn't work, I'm not above using the clown.















(Picture was taken in Aruba. We did not make any friends in Aruba.)

1 comment:

  1. Lani, I am JUST like you! When Pierce and I went on our honeymoon I was NOT going out of my way to talk to strangers like he was. My agenda was simple: romance, sleeping, eating, sight seeing and many fruity cocktails. Pierce did engage in conversation with an interesting couple from Stamford CT (right near us)and I had to do the typical "smile and nod". ;) You will love St Lucia! My best friend went to the Sandals there I believe!
    -Adrienne

    ReplyDelete