Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm a Creep


My last post about Halloween costumes for women got me thinking about my own issues with sexy characters. So blah blah blah, I hate when women get depicted as oversexualized and when we sexualize little girls and childhood toys and characters.

BUT...I'm ashamed to say that from birth, I have been drawn to the sexy female character. Or any thing or character that was feminized or sexualized. And not in the way that every girl loves female characters. I think my obsession with these sexy women was borderline inappropriate, because I can never tell if I want them, or want to be them.


I loved Minnie. But only when Daisy wasn't around. Half-closed eyes, dark eye shadow and long black eyelashes - those three simple features turn any character into a animated sex symbol. Daisy Duck, Ms. Pacman, Jessica Rabbit, etc.


Speaking of Jessica Rabbit...what the heck. Am I supposed to want to kiss and squeeze her? Because I think I do? I mean, I want to be her, but I want to be with her also. I actually just googled her to remind myself of how hot she was. Had I been a little boy instead of a little girl (though judging from some of the pictures back then it could have been argued either way) I think my parents would have been uncomfortable with the amount of times I watched that movie. I mean, look at her! I almost feel embarrassed when I do, like I'm looking at something I shouldn't be seeing. Sort of like "stumbling" upon the "bad" channels your parents thought they blocked during your childhood and watching anything that came even close to showing nakedness.


And what is with my obsession with Betty Boop? Or, any of these women? Why am I so obsessed with staring at them and wishing to God that I would become them? It makes me sad that someone so adamantly opposed to the obejctification of women is so insanely drawn to those objectifications. My confusion is here: Are these characters even really supposed to be adored by girls? I don't know, I'd guess no. But I'd also guess that a 10 year old girl wouldn't take a "bra and lingerie" pamphlet that arrived free in the mail to her bedroom and hide it under her bed. That's normal, right??













am i gay?

2 comments:

  1. .....cricket cricket...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahhaha

    i can't stop laughing, you're a comedian.

    these posts are killing me.

    ReplyDelete