Monday, October 4, 2010

Girl Unleashed

Help.

Remember awhile back when I had an epiphany regarding diets? And then my desire to not diet became even stronger after being reinforced by men's eating behaviors? Well here I am, after a few months of doing everything but dieting. And it's been amazing.

I've had a cheeseburger for lunch at work on two separate occasions.

I've ordered pasta dishes or steak and mashed potatoes for every meal out.

I've eaten pizza and chinese food, and then leftover pizza and chinese food.

I have made cakes and cookies and pie squares and eaten all of them.

For lunch last week I had a vanilla shake and sweet potatoe fries.

The above lunch would have been fine had it not been for the Dunkin Donut's pumpkin muffin I ingested earlier that day.

Speaking of pumpkin, several days before that when I was still unwilling to let myself go for the pumpkin muffin, I settled for a pumpkin donut.

And remember when I wrote about love chub, when people gain weight in relationships? And how I hoped that I'd be too embarrassed to eat in front of a live-in boyfriend? Well, to a certain point, that is true. Like when he's around, I can't hover over the stove after the meal to finished whatever starch is leftover in the pan. And I can't sit down on the couch with a spoon and a can of whipped cream and have my way with it. And I can't eat frosted flakes or cocoa puffs (ew who even buys those) straight out of the box when he's around.

But I can when he's not. And considering he's been home only 6 days out of the last 30...I've gotten myself into some trouble.

To make matters worse, I somehow convinced myself that going to the gym was the same unnecessary evil as dieting last month, visiting the gym only 3 times over the course of 4 or 5 weeks. My face has broken out, my body is mushier, and my new "skinny" pants don't fit well. Not to mention I have a form-fitting (why god, why?) dress to fit into for a wedding this weekend.

So, I think it's time to call off my non-diet. Just for a week maybe, right? So I can drop a quick 4 lbs? I would call this a crash diet, but the piece one of the cookies I brought to work today that I just secretly devoured will make that hard. Instead I'll be counting points, and perhaps getting my butt on a stationery bike, because apparently once you do classes, you never go back to a treadmill. Or elyptical. Or sidewalk, or anything that would require me to take responsiblity for my own workout.

crash diet advice welcome.

2 comments:

  1. It will be hard, but give up carbs for the rest of the week. I even resorted to eating a cheeseburger(home made) wraped in a giant lettuce leaf...pretty good actually. Anyways...if you stick to that you will lose weight fast...even if it only stays off long enough to fit into that dress. I know this is terrible advice and maybe not the healthiest way to lose weight. But hey...you only have 5 days left!
    Love always,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete