Back in high school, Courtney and I were your biggest fans. Freshman year, I escaped with you to Nana and Papa's when I was too depressed to go back to UConn. You took me home, nearly every weekend, when I needed to get away from UMass. You waited for me patiently, and without judgment, during the 6 months I couldn't drive. I cried to you. I laughed with you. I perfected both my British and Southern accents with you. You, and you alone, have heard some of my best musical performances. You took me to see Papa the morning he passed away. Together we've seen lots of new places, and been unbelievably lost in others. You've driven me home from awful dates, and taken me to better ones. I wish I could say I took as good care of you as you did me. You were my excuse to go into work late. You've helped me help my mother. You provided me a safe place to eat. Then provided me a safe place to try smoking to keep myself from eating. You've seen me at my lowest weight, but stuck with me even at my heaviest. It was with you that I really fell in love with music. You've seen me yell at some boys, and give silent treatment to others. Some jerk burnt you with a cigarette once, and there was nothing I could do to protect you. You even got hurt during a fight with a past boyfriend, and everyday I can still see the mark it left on you. You witnessed one of my breakups, and kept me strong all the way home. I love seeing you when I get out of work, and you're always telling me my coolant is low. Lately, you've been reluctant to let me in. And its getting harder and harder for me to get you going. But one thing is for sure, taurus, you've been good to me for the past 9 years, and you will be missed.
Love,
Leadfoot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Being older than you I have already lost many friends. My first love, the 1968 Buick Special Deluxe - with aftermarket AC! My main love, the '68 Pontiac Catalina. Ah, yes, she was my favorite. But, I sold her to someone who than was involved in a hit an run and killed someone. Sad... But then there was the Fiat X-19, sexy an alluring, and topless. Many more tawdry ones to follow. But there will always be a special place in my heart for the "first" one...
ReplyDelete...I'm devestated.
ReplyDelete