Thursday, November 19, 2009

Screw the Bus

Last week I went to visit some friends after work, and decided to explore a new bus route to make my commute quicker. So I step onto the 47 that is jam jam jam-packed, and get stuck just inside of the door behind a STINKY white guy with a long red-haired ponytail. So it gets to a point where I can no longer take it, and I squeeze past him and another idiot who refused to move down the bus to make room for others. So, now I have nothing to hang onto except those swinging handle straps that hang down from the overhead poles. DO NOT EVER GRAB THESE FOR BALANCE. The bus took a sudden turn, and before I know it I'm spinning, feet pivoting, out of control and dangling from the handles as I continue down to the floor of the bus. I knew it was bad, but only realized JUST how bad it was when I saw every person around me reaching for me with a horrified look on their faces.

The man sitting nearby made the biggest effort, as he desperately reached for my arm, missed, and then went for the next-closest body part. MAH BOOB. REALLY? Except it wasn't just a grab, it was more of a grab plus a hard pinch at the end. When he realized what he'd done, he looked at me, pulled away faster than he reached out, and then refused to look at me for the rest of the ride. So did everyone else, so not only did I have have to stand there alone, sweating, with no one to laugh with, but my boob really hurt, too. Next time I'll take the T.

No comments:

Post a Comment