Wingwoman. Or don't. Because I'm really bad at it.
Being single and on the lookout is a lot of fun. Being a wingwoman is not fun, especially when you're me. I don't know where to draw the line. I end up pushing my friends too hard, or talking too much to the guy and making him think I'm interested in him rather than my friends.
What kind of wingwoman repeatedly tells a guy that her friend has already DENIED that he should keep trying to ask her out because she probably really likes him.
When I want to encourage friends to talk to a cute guy, instead of giving them a good line or helping them maneuver our way over, I just point and yell, "YOU NEED TO GO TALK TO HIM RIGHT NOW. PUT THAT DOWN, AND GO." Poor things, something snaps in me and for the only time ever I become assertive and borderline intimidating.
In order to master the role of a wingwoman, I think a good place to start would be to pay attention to men, who have been practicing the role of wingman for what seems much longer. I'm so sick of hearing how honorable guys think it is to entertain an uglier/fatter friend of his buddy's target. Guess what, our girl friends meet guys with GROSS friends that we have to deal with too! So, instead of being mad at our friend for making us talk to the ugly/lame boy, I guess we can actually learn from our male counterparts. I think one of the keys is making good small talk. Bad news for me, since I stink at it.
One thing I am good at is making people think I like them, even when I really, really, ...really don't. So I'll start using that to my advantage.
But then there's always this really scary thought that pops into my head: What if my target thinks he's wingman-ing ME? Oh the thought of being the wingman's target, or the main target's uglier friend horrifies me!! I'd rather go dance by myself than have someone babysit me a.k.a. prevent me from cockblocking. Which, by the way, I don't think should be a term exclusively used by men. Women can cockblocked too, we just need a more feminine term for it.
Something that shows how we've been prevented from hooking up. We haven't been cockblocked, we've been:
(your suggestions here)...
I will take the best and we can vote for a winner, who will win an awesome prize. ...Really awesome. Get to it, our wingwomen are depending on you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There is nothingggggg worse than when a girl Box Blocks meeeee. omgggg!!!!
ReplyDelete- mariaaaaa
We already have a word for that Lani. It's called "twatblocking."
ReplyDeleteclam jamming
ReplyDeleteobviously all three awful suggestions given by men- we need some female perspective here
ReplyDeleteMaria is a girl's name
ReplyDelete