Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Someday...

I've come along way. As someone who once was too embarrassed to make consistent eye contact with people she talked to, I've conquered many fears and gotten rid of a lot of quirks. But there are still hurtles that I wish to someday soar above. Here are just a few.


Like, someday, I will order an ice cream cone by myself, and eat it, by myself.

Someday I will not feel the need to make a statement out loud about the fact that I've eaten my entire meal, or that I'm about to go in for seconds...

Somday, I will respond to all compliments with a simple thank you, and nothing else.

One of these days, I'm going to learn how to pose for a picture by myself.

Someday, when a waitress says, "good job!" or "I'm proud of you!" after seeing how much of my meal I finished, I 'll slam my fork in her hand and yell in a man voice I'M NOT DONE YET

If a bus takes off, someday I'll chase it down.

Someday while I'm singing happy birthday to coworkers, I will not whisper when we reach the high "BIRTH" note in the 3rd verse.

Someday I will tell a bitch to shut up.

And someday, I'll tell an asshole to eat shit.

Someday, soon, I will not beg for the lights to be turned off.

I hope someday I'll fearlessly walk over to use the weights at the gym no matter how many guys are over there using them.

When someone asks, "do you mind?", someday I will.

One day, I'll limit myself to one bertucci's roll. Maybe one and a half.

Someday I will swim in a pool by myself without fearing that a shark will appear.

And someday, I'll write a blog that doesn't talk about food or weight.

NAHT.

4 comments:

  1. I would kill for a Bertucci's roll right now...

    or five.

    and maybe a Silano pizza. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday I will read the line "I will tell assholes to eat shit" and not throw up.

    I rate this 9/10.

    - the critic (the cartoon version)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some day you will have over 60 followers.

    Naht

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also some day you will remove the count down to your mexico trip, unless you plan on time traveling soon, then I say leave it up. (then again, we will still be in this time period and it will still say 0000000000) ya. where was i going with this?

    ReplyDelete