Monday, December 7, 2009

Here she comes...

Miss Americaaaaa. You'd think a homeless, middle aged man singing this to you as you're exiting Dunkin Donuts wouldn't actually flatter you. Sadly, today I found that it did.

I was also flattered when my ex-nextdoor neighbor, the mortal-combating, bare-chested, recovering drug addict who lives in a world not quite made up of reality, looked into my eyes as I stepped out of my house one day and said, "You are BEAUTIFUL." He quickly became my favorite crazy neighbor that I was only slightly scared of.

I'm apprehensive about admitting this one, as I'll probably disappoint some people and offend others. But, I have a strange relationship with truck drivers. Every time a truck driver slows down to drive next to me, yells something gross, or honks that humiliatingly loud horn, I give him a dirty look that, frankly, could use a little more practice on my part. But every time I pass a truck driver who doesn't look at me, I feel somehow offended, as if I've unfairly been overlooked. Like, hello, I'm practically Miss-Freakin-America over here.

Which just goes to show how extremely desperate I must be for compliments, no matter what the source. ...clearly.

2 comments:

  1. you've got to be kidding me! a guy sang the miss america song to me when i was leaving the T one day. wonder if it was the same guy. we do look alike, remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were a truck driver so I could tell you you are beautiful and have it mean something. But maybe it's good enough to tell you I'm really enjoying your blog! It's great. : )

    ReplyDelete