Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I don't get it

I've been yelled at before by past boyfriends for asking too many questions. Personally, I thought it was rude. But I've come to realize, through talks with guys, experiences with my own mother, and hearing aunts talk about their own struggles with this, that asking too many questions is annoying. But how else are we supposed to get our questions answered? We're curious people! So today I encourage you to ask away, as I will use today's blog to list a bunch of questions I've never had answered, and things I just don't understand.

Why am I good at Zumba at home in the mirror, but embarrassingly awful in the studio?
How does a plane stay in the air?
Am I supposed to tip a cab driver 20%?
Did everyone else know that Amelia Earhart died attempting her around the world trip??
Do people with speech impediments know they have a speech impediment?
Why is Dick Clark still doing the New years countdown, and is it as painful to watch for everyone else as it is for me?
Who took my "Lani- no" post-it note off the candy jar at work, because it was serving a purpose and now I'm off the hook.
Why do they call it a hummer?
How come some girls have a space between their thighs?
How is Hugh Hefner still relevant?
Is making my bed really that important, and do guys notice things like that?
Is there such thing as a digital camera that takes the picture as soon as you hit the button?
Why are the feet of the Adobe Acrobat leaping man so tiny?
Do sugar-free sweeteners really prevent people from losing weight?
How do guys know what size ring to get when they buy an engagement ring?
Can eating cookie dough or cake batter really make you sick? ...I feel like I'd be dead by now if that was the case...
And does cake ever come into anyone else's dreams at night?
How do people go on vacation and not gain weight?
Am I supposed to tip gas attendants and take-out food personnel?
When you're 26, is it okay to sometimes still drink to the point of vomiting?
When I'm walking down a hallway towards another person, at what distance is it appropriate to first make eye contact?
Is there a correct way to hug someone sitting down while you're standing?
Are there people who don't pick their nose? Besides me, I mean.
Who is my doppelganger? NO ONE :(
Based on lots of conversations in the past week, I'm not sure who collectively hates Valentine's Day more, girls or guys?
When I tell people to follow my blog, and promise they won't get emails or updates and its just so I can see how many people are reading and what type of audience I need to write for, is that not enough?
Am I supposed to carry on a conversation with my pedicurist? Because I REALLY just don't want to.
I expect answers to each one of these by the end of the day, thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Plane in air: google bernoullis principle
    I'm 99% people with speech impediments are aware of it. Kids are cruel.
    Hold the "take picture" button halfway. This opens the shutter but doesn't take a picture. When you go down the rest of the way it takes the picture immediately.
    People are really afraid someone will take offense to a doppleganger they suggest to someone else and too modest to claim their own
    I've been meaning to follow you but I can't do it on my iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Answers:
    Did everyone else know that Amelia Earhart died attempting her around the world trip??
    *I think she went missing.
    Am I supposed to tip gas attendants and take-out food personnel?
    *NO!
    When you're 26, is it okay to sometimes still drink to the point of vomiting?
    *I Dont think so, but its happened to me a few times lately, I think its because as I get older my tolerance gets lower.
    When I'm walking down a hallway towards another person, at what distance is it appropriate to first make eye contact?
    *I dont know, but this stresses me out to the max while im at work!

    Love,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. You're not actually good at it in the mirror
    2. lift: cuzed by the air passes under the wing passes slower and in a straight line other wise the air passes above the wing due to the curvature of the wing it passes more faster and slipy so it reduce the pressure above the wing thus the low pressure above the wing (suck)the wing to to climp.
    3. No
    4. Yes
    5. Perfecting the use of robots, yes.
    6. Santa, he's getting back at you for asking for no candy this christmas.
    7. She hums as she performs fellatio
    8. To pee and make babies
    9. Is he?
    10. No and Yes
    11. Yes if you turn off red eye reduction
    12. Boating accident
    13. Artificial sweeteners don’t raise your core body temperature the same way real sugar does, which leads to overeating after a meal. Zero calorie sugar substitutes also make it harder to burn calories, which is another factor that leads to weight gain.
    14. Borrow one of her rings and get it sized.
    How do guys know what size ring to get when they buy an engagement ring?
    15. Yes if you eat too much at one time.
    16. No
    17. By entering limbo contests and winning
    18. No and No.
    19. Yes. Don't listen to Jess.
    20. 15 feet unless you're good friends
    21. Butt out, bend at the waist. Make it quick.
    22. Doin it right now.
    23. Asked and answered.
    24. Guys, we have to spend way more, so I've heard.
    25. Too much actually.
    26. Torture through conversation or torture through awkward silence, you're choice.

    ReplyDelete