Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm all set

There are certain things as a feminist (by my definition, not yours) that I just won't let myself do. Sometimes this can be a pain for the people around me, and I know it rubs other people the wrong way. But I don't care. There aren't many things I stick to, such as an exercise plan or saying "No thanks" to "More bread?", but here are a few I do.

I still to this day have not attended a theme-party with "Ho" in the title. Golf pros and tennis hoes. CEOs and office hos. Pimps and hoes. Really guys? CEO's? Meanwhile, the girls are encouraged to do their best in turning the party into an unoriginal skankarooski-fest. I don't get it.

Pole-dancing workouts. Really people? Doesn't anyone else see the irony in all of this? Are we really trying to emulate this gross, desperate job that employs (mostly) women with few other choices in order to support them and their kids? It's not sexy, it's embarrassing. Stop it.

The day I step into a Hooter's is the day I call it quits in life.

I don't care what we're celebrating, I am not going to the strip club with you. Back in high school, I thought I'd be the cool girl that was just like 'one of the boys', so I was totally up for going. Now I thank God I never did, because he would've said, "shame shame". How embarrassing for me to be there looking up at girls with my same body parts (though much nicer and tighter i'm sure...tighter was a bad word choice) dancing around sliding up and down a poll. Ew. And by me being there, doesn't that make even more of a mockery out of these women, further diminishing their value? Yucko, no thankee.

I don't know if I was successful but I tried to keep this about me rather than insulting anyone else- I hope I haven't. But, if you are planning your birthday or a party that is similar to those listed above, I won't feel bad when you leave me off the guest list.

2 comments:

  1. what if its a rakes and garden ho's party? I feel like thats the theme party to watch out for in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post. i made the mistake of being the cool girl in high school, and now i have PTSD.

    ReplyDelete