Googling oneself can be a very interesting experience, and it's something we've all done. But it can prove to be a very different experience for all of us. I googled myself this week. It didn't turn out well, considering I learned that the most note-worthy things I've accomplished so far in my life have all taken place before I reached the age of 20. Making the honor roll in high school. Writing for the high school newspaper (once). Playing on the high school tennis team. I don't think it even mentions basketball. My name listed on the Women's Studies student roster at UMass. Really google?
I've done more important things in my 20's then I did as a high school student, haven't I? Am I really past the point in my life where my accomplishments matter to the general public, or at the least some reporter looking for any old lame story?
I do plenty of news-worthy things. We all do. In fact, I can think of a few potential stories right now:
Living at home aint so bad: 26 year old says she's happy in parent's house.
What recession? Weymouth resident finally gets a job
Sleeping Hungry: Girl learns to go to bed not feeling full.
Seeing the Light: Woman learns to have sex with lights on.
Blogger chick changes title. Soon to change html link.
These are big deals, aren't they? What the heck do I have to do to start being a Google star again?
Suggestions are welcome.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment